Monday, November 07, 2005

Final Notice

I just recieved a notice from the National Rifle Association of America urging me to join. In fact, the letter reminded me that this is my 'final notice' as the Second Amendment is on its last legs and we must do everything we can to keep it from disappearing.

What?

What fucking planet do these people live on?

The Second Amendment is as close to Bush and his necrophiliac band of torturers and sado-maschistic dog thieves as the bible is, and I feel pretty sure both are safe from encroachment.

So, I sent them a letter:


National Rifle Association of America
Palm Coast, Fl


I recently received an invitation, marked “Final Notice”, to join your organization.

I am a two tour Veteran of Vietnam, and know quite a bit about weapons, both for home and military use, so I am neither a neophyte nor a shrinking violent (ahh..that would be 'violet', not 'violent'...but I guess ya'll knew that)

So, let me make this clear, I would never join a twisted and misbegotten organization such as yours. You people are insane and as far away from being American as it is possible to be. What you stand for is nothing short of perverse criminality thinly disguised as ‘patriotic’ bullshit. Your idea of freedom isn’t about fairness or honesty, truth or justice, equality or egalitarianism, it is about hatred, bigotry and the ability to murder at will.

You actually support the open sale of 50.cal rifles, without any form of register or background check! So when a terrorist or deranged gun nut buys one and then opens fire on an airliner, you'all can run and hide behind the Constitution and Bill of Rights. What a pathetic bunch of losers!

Since you don't understand this , let me make it clear: Owning a weapon is about responsibilty and ACCOUNTABILTY. Freedom isn't a burger king where you can "have it your way", it is about accountablity to others. It is not accountable to advocate a weapon of massive killing power as available to just anyone on the street.

To believe that a 50.cal weapon or an automatic weapon is necessary for hunting is to believe Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are soulmates.

Both of these 'beliefs' are founded on lies and distortions.

So, don’t send me any more of your pathetic lunacy, I’m busy.

Have a nice day.

John M. Whitten

1 comment:

involuntaryjerk said...

beautifully crafted letter. congratulations! i am also a veteran, although a bit later than vietnam... got out after the initial workups for 'desert storm'...anyway, i envy your ability to compose such a letter. thanks.